Mrs Emma Lawyoungoaks@chacewaterschool.co.uk
Welcome to Year 3 - Young Oaks
Our class is made up of 30 amazing year 3 children.
Mrs. Law is the class teacher every morning and Thursday and Friday afternoons.
Mrs. Saxton is the class teacher on Monday afternoon.
Miss. Dyer is the class teacher on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons.
We are supported everyday by the wonderful Mrs. Saxton and every morning by Miss. Elvans.
If you have any queries please use the email address above.
Thank you for your support.
Reading - Children should read at home for at least 20 minutes daily (building up to 30 minutes towards the end of the year) as part of their homework. Children on AR will be able to quiz and change their books daily.
Spelling - Spellings will be set on a Monday and tested the following Friday. Please access the secure class page for your child's weekly spellings.
All children now have access to IDL spelling. This is a personalised spelling program, that your child has been accessing in school. It only takes 10 minutes and is best accessed daily.
Numbots - Numbots is an online maths game focusing on addition and subtraction concepts by the creators of Times tables rockstars. Log ins are in the front of reading journals under TTRS. It is most effective when used little and often so alongside using this in school, we ask that children log in at home and play for 10 minutes at least once or twice a week. Teachers will monitor each child's time played, current level and correct answers.
* Numbots* - It is not clear, but levels are timed and stars are awarded for accuracy as well as speed to promote rapid recall of number facts.
- Purple Mash - https://www.purplemash.com/sch/chacewater
- Times table rock stars (TTRS) - https://play.ttrockstars.com/
- Espresso (discovery education) - https://online.espresso.co.uk/espresso/login/Authn/UserPassword
- Sign up for a free account to find Ebooks and even AR reading books! - https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/books/free-ebooks/
- TTwinkl – sign up for a free account - https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resources/parents/free-resources-parents/free-resources-for-parents-free-resources-parents
- Go noodle –sign up for a free account - the kids use this for wake and shake and also some other get moving activities, I am sure you have had them singing pop-see-ko! https://app.gonoodle.com/
- BBC Bitesize Primary - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/collections/starting-primary-school/1
- Jo Wicks:the body coach- https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1
- Read theory,sign up for a free account: quick progressive reading comprehensions - https://readtheory.org/app/sign-up/create-account/parent