Mrs Emma Lawyoungoaks@chacewaterschool.co.uk
Miss Shelley Hoareyoungoaks@chacewaterschool.co.uk
Welcome to Year 3 - Young Oaks
Our class is made up of 30 amazing year 3 children.
Mrs. Law is the class teacher on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Miss. Hoare is the class teacher on Wednesday and first lesson on Thursday.
We are supported everyday by the wonderful Miss. Budge and Miss. Elvans.
This term we are focusing upon being resilient, like the the tortoise. The ability to bounce back or rather bounce forward when something doesn’t go according to plan - the ability to stay positive and keep trying.
If you have any queries please use the email address above.
Thank you for your support.
Mrs. Law and Miss. Hoare
Reading - Children should read at home for atleast 15 minutes daily (building up to 30 minutes towards the end of the year) as part of their homework.
Spelling - Spellings are listed below and will be quizzed and updated each Wednesday. Scores will be sent home in the back of your child's reading record each week.
If your child has had an individual letter to say that they are continuing with RWI, their spellings will be stuck into the back of their reading records each week and quizzed on Wednesdays.
Numbots - We have been trialling Numbots in the Young Oaks class! Numbots is an online maths game focusing on addition and subtraction concepts by the creators of Times tables rockstars. Log ins are in the front of reading journals under TTRS. It is most effective when used little and often so alongside using this in school, we ask that children log in at home and play for 10 minutes at least once or twice a week. Teachers will monitor each child's time played, current level and correct answers.
* Numbots* - It is not clear, but levels are timed and stars are awarded for accuracy as well as speed to promote rapid recall of number facts.
- Purple Mash - https://www.purplemash.com/sch/chacewater
- Times table rock stars (TTRS) - https://play.ttrockstars.com/
- Espresso (discovery education) - https://online.espresso.co.uk/espresso/login/Authn/UserPassword
- Sign up for a free account to find Ebooks and even AR reading books! - https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/books/free-ebooks/
- TTwinkl – sign up for a free account - https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resources/parents/free-resources-parents/free-resources-for-parents-free-resources-parents
- Go noodle –sign up for a free account - the kids use this for wake and shake and also some other get moving activities, I am sure you have had them singing pop-see-ko! https://app.gonoodle.com/
- BBC Bitesize Primary - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/collections/starting-primary-school/1
- Jo Wicks:the body coach- https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1
- Read theory,sign up for a free account: quick progressive reading comprehensions - https://readtheory.org/app/sign-up/create-account/parent