Welcome to Mighty Oaks
Our class is made up of nineteen Year 6 children. Our teachers are Mrs James and Miss Dyer. Our support staff are Mrs Pollard and Mrs Davis.
We believe that working cooperatively with others is the key to learning. We always aim high but also know that making mistakes is sometimes the best way to move forward. Our class environment is one that promotes fun, kindness and team spirit and we like nothing more than a challenge.
We are very excited to see where our learning will take us this year: meeting the Anglo-Saxons and the Vikings; exploring the circulatory and respiratory system; learning all about Darwin and evolution as well as discovering what life was like for an Ancient Mayan. Who knows where we may end up!
Please see the curriculum overviews attached to find out what we are learning.
- Purple Mash - https://www.purplemash.com/sch/chacewater
- Accelerated reader - https://ukhosted40.renlearn.co.uk/2234842/Public/RPM/Login/Login.aspx?srcID=s
- Times table rock stars (TTRS) - https://play.ttrockstars.com/
- Espresso (discovery education) - https://online.espresso.co.uk/espresso/login/Authn/UserPassword
- Sign up for a free account to find Ebooks and even AR reading books! - https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/books/free-ebooks/
- TTwinkl – sign up for a free account - https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resources/parents/free-resources-parents/free-resources-for-parents-free-resources-parents
- Go noodle –sign up for a free account - the kids use this for wake and shake and also some other get moving activities, I am sure you have had them singing pop-see-ko! https://app.gonoodle.com/
- BBC Bitesize Primary - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/collections/starting-primary-school/1
- Jo Wicks:the body coach- https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1
- Read theory,sign up for a free account: quick progressive reading comprehensions - https://readtheory.org/app/sign-up/create-account/parent