P.E. at Chacewater School
Our curriculum Intent for PE at Chacewater School:
At Chacewater school, we offer a high-quality, inclusive physical education curriculum that inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in sport and other physically-demanding activities. We focus on developing learner's fundamental skills of agility, balance and coordination, and aim for children to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. Opportunities are provided for children to compete which embeds values such as sportsmanship, fairness and respect.
At Chacewater school, we intend for all pupils:
- to develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities
- to develop their fundamental movement skills of agility, balance and coordination
- to be physically active for sustained periods of time
- to engage in competitive sports and activities
- to lead healthy, active lives
We are fortunate enough to have extensive outdoor space, a play trail, a hall and a the recreation field to keep all children physically active. There is also a wide variety of equipment for different sports that can be used during lessons, playtime, lunchtime and after school.
We work in conjunction with professional and local clubs to supplement the expertise that our staff have. This includes Lauren Syrett - professional dance coach, Len Hatchet -swimming instructor, the Cornish Pirates and Chacewater Bowls club