Young Oaks - Y3
Welcome to Year 3!
Welcome to Young Oaks! I hope you have had a lovely summer!
This year, I (Miss O'Callaghan) will be your Year 3 class teacher.
We are supported by the wonderful Mrs Davis! We are also lucky enough to have Mrs Stephens and Mrs Dicker with us on a Thursday and Friday.
We are all so excited to have you in Year 3 and can't wait to learn with you this year.
This term we will have PE on a Thursday and Friday. On both of these days, please come to school wearing your school PE kit with a school jumper.
If you have any queries please contact Miss O'Callaghan with the email address above.
- Purple Mash - https://www.purplemash.com/sch/chacewater
- Times table rock stars (TTRS) - https://play.ttrockstars.com/
- Espresso (discovery education) - https://online.espresso.co.uk/espresso/login/Authn/UserPassword
- Sign up for a free account to find Ebooks and even AR reading books! - https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/books/free-ebooks/
- TTwinkl – sign up for a free account - https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resources/parents/free-resources-parents/free-resources-for-parents-free-resources-parents
- Go noodle –sign up for a free account - the kids use this for wake and shake and also some other get moving activities, I am sure you have had them singing pop-see-ko! https://app.gonoodle.com/
- BBC Bitesize Primary - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/collections/starting-primary-school/1
- Jo Wicks:the body coach- https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1
- Read theory,sign up for a free account: quick progressive reading comprehensions - https://readtheory.org/app/sign-up/create-account/parent
Reading - Children should read at home for at least 20 minutes daily (building up to 30 minutes towards the end of the year) as part of their homework. Children on AR will be able to quiz and change their books daily.
Spelling - Spellings will be set on a Monday and tested the following Friday. Please access the secure class page for your child's weekly spellings.
Number fluency -
A focus is set each week and rehearsed daily in school. Homework is to practice this at home. For more details, please log in to our ESchools class page.
Numbots is also part of our home learning and we ask that children log in at home and play for 10 minutes at least once or twice a week. Teachers will monitor each child's time played, current level and correct answers. Certificates will be printed weekly and a ‘diamond level’ badge presentated in assembly when a child completes Diamond level.