Parent and family support useful links and contacts


Parent and family support

Related imageAnxiety (The Expert Parent’s Guide to Childhood Anxiety)

Guide for parents to help children to understand, cope and become strengthened by their experiences of anxiety at a young age.

Visit: Tutorful

Add Action

Add Action Cornwall offer free and confidential advice, information and support with drug and alcohol problems. Call: 01872 300816

Citizen Advice Bureau

Advice on benefits and housing – call: 08444 994188

Cornwall Housing

Offers free advice and assistance for landlords, tenants and owner occupiers across Cornwall on a wide range of housing issues.  Call: 0300 1234 161

Cornwall Council Social Care

Help and advice for issues regarding Social services.  Call: 0300 123 4131


Free, confidential help and support about anything for children up until the age of 19 – nothing is too big or too small to call about. Their helpline is: 0800 11 11 or website to access online support:Childline


Bereavement support and advice for adults on Cornwall. Call : 01726 76100 or


Dental Care and emergency Service

This service will give guidance on where to go if you need emergency dental care, but do not have a dentist. Call: 01872 354375

Devon and Cornwall Housing

0300 123 8080

Drug and Alcohol support

National Families Helpline: 08457 023867

Early Help Hub

Early Help aims to ensure that services to support children, young people and their parents are there when they need them. Early Help can help parents access a Family support Worker and can help direct families to the support that they feel would benefit the child or family.  Call 01872 322277 for advice.  Families can make a request for help by completing the relevant request for help form online: Early help hub

Family Information service

Website with all sorts of information, advice and support for families in Cornwall and professionals that can work alongside them. Website includes links to services supporting families within Cornwall and links to access parenting programmes to help with family life.  Their website is: Cornwall support

Forget Me Not charity

Support after pregnancy loss. Call: 01726 820115


Charity for single-parent families.  Helpline provides support and advice on anything from break-ups to help with child maintenance issues.  Call: 0808 802 0925  website also offers guidance – visit: Gingerbread

 Home-Start Kernow

Volunteer support and Friendship for parents with children under the age of 5 years old in Cornwall – Call: 01209-214490 (Mon-Fri 9-5, Fri 9-4) Email:

National Childbirth Trust

An agency whose purpose is to provide support and evidence-based information in pregnancy, birth and early days of parenthood:  Support line for practical and emotional support for parents at a cost of local rate calls: 0300 330 0700  Website: NCT


Help and guidance if you are worried or concerned for the safety of a child. NSPCC



Outlook Southwest Counselling

Private and NHS counselling service across Cornwall.  Call: 01208 871414 for advice.

Penhaligon’s Friends

Bereavement support and advice for children up until the age of 18 in Cornwall.

Call: 01209-210624 or Email:


Offer a safe place to talk through any concerns, worries or troubles.  For free non judgmental and confidential help and support call 116 123


Sands stands for stillbirth and neonatal death charity. It offers support for anyone affected by the death of a baby.  Their helpline is: 0808 164 3332 or Email:

Young People Cornwall

Support children aged 11-19 years in Cornwall.  May be able to provide 1-1 support for children who would benefit from talking to someone confidentially and experiencing severe depression or anxiety. YPC

Young Minds

Online and telephone support for parents and young people worried about their mental health. Website: Young minds

Young Minds Parent Helpline: 08088 025544

Young Minds Crisis Text Line for young people: Free Text service 24/7 across the U.K if you are a young person experiencing mental health crisis and need support, Text YM to 85258